College Search and Planning Program
The College Search and Planning Program is designed specifically for 11th grade students to help reduce the stress and anxiety that many families experience when applying to college.
Program participants meet regularly in small cohorts and in 1:1 sessions with a Thrive coach. Through the program, there will be time spent on getting to know student interests, family needs and parameters, and how to search for and evaluate colleges. Participants receive guidance on creating a plan to take standardized tests, developing a list of colleges, and assessing affordability of options.
What the Program Includes
- Review academic record and accomplishments.
- Review of extracurricular involvement.
- Guidance on testing schedule.
- Delivery and review of personality style, strengths, and career interests.
- Review family and student interests and needs.
Targeted List Development
- Access to college search and application planning tool.
- Research and evaluation of potential college options.
- Creation of initial college list.
- Assessment of affordability of options.
- Campus visit timeline and guidance.
Application Planning & Support
- College application timeline.
- Identify recommendation writers and strategies to ask for recommendations.
Review of Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities
- Assist with researching scholarship opportunities
Benefits to Students
- Time management of the college application process.
- A planning tool to stay organized and on track to be ready to apply to chosen colleges.
- Well balanced list of colleges that meet academic, financial, and personal interests and needs.
- A third party to help student and family be on the same page with what is wanted and what is possible.
- A 12th grade year that is less stressful.