College Application Program
The College Application Program is designed specifically for 12th grade students to help reduce the stress and anxiety that many families experience when submitting college applications.
Students meet regularly in small cohorts and in 1:1 sessions with a Thrive coach through the duration of the program. We use a scheduled process that takes participants through writing college essays, including the common app essay and college essays. Participants receive guidance on understanding college essay prompts, feedback on their college essay format, scholarship essays, interview preparation, and reviewing admission and financial aid offers.
What the Program Includes
- Review academic record and accomplishments
Targeted List Review
- Access to college search and application planning tool
- Review list of target colleges in relation to student interests, academic credentials, extracurriculars, and family parameters
Application Planning & Support
- College application timeline
- College essay and Common App essay support
- Application support and review
- Practice interviews
- Resume development
Review of Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities
- Assist with researching scholarship opportunities
- Scholarship essay support
- Evaluation of financial aid offers between institutions
Decision Making Support
- Review and evaluation of admission offers
- Assistance with wait list strategy
Benefits to Students
- Time management of the college application process.
- Ongoing feedback on common app essay and college essays outside of school hours, including weekends.
- Comprehensive review of the college application before submission.
- Review of financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Support in selecting an offer of admission.